I dont think we ever use built in burning feature of windows os specifically on vista/7. I dont say they are bad but the common trend is that we use dedicated applications like the Imgburn(my favorite) or Nero. So why keeping that feature on?
Other benefits of keeping the built in burning feature off
1) Can stop spreading viruses that appear as ‘Files to be written on to the cd’
2) Can stop the discomfort of watching desktop.ini file to be written on to the disk as seen in windows 7!!!
Follow the steps 1 or step 2
1)Download the registry file (it contains 2 reg files 1 for disabling burning features and other for enabling)
Or you can follow the below step Or you can use both
2) In Run type gpedit.msc. This will open the policy editor.
1) In the left pane expand user configuration, then expand administrative tools, then expand windows components, then click on windows explorer.
2) In the right pane you will see ‘Remove CD burning features’
3) To disable cd/dvd burning features make the policy ‘Remove CD burning features’ to Enabled.
4)To enable cd/dvd burning features make the policy ‘Remove CD burning features’ to Disabled or Not Configured.
As shown below: